Tensions have subsided over here in the dungeon of 815 World HQ, and we're now okay with the whole glass eye thing.
Sure there are a ton of other unanswered questions floating about--we've seen neither the black smoke, the black rock, nor the hatch and it's mysterious "Chernobyl"-like wall in a while, and I think the monster may have been cut from the cast for conduct unbecoming a murderous yet camera-shy dinosaur--but we are merely passengers on this here ride, and if those that are in charge need to, unnanounced and unexplained, throw out there another ------- weird-ass twist for everyone to obsess over, so be it.
In this spirit of forgiveness and acceptance, we've done a little detective work and, in a surely fruitless attempt to figure out exactly who might be the unlucky owner of the no longer offending prosthetic, put together a dossier of sorts.The suspects:
- The Boatnappers. Despite the fact that all visual evidence would indicate otherwise, they're, like, pirates. I mean, c'mon, one of 'em's gotta have an eyepatch.
- Locke. Not only does he have a scar around one of his eyes, but our serenely creepy island guru was actually once seen wearing two glass eyes. Sure it was in a dream, but so was Freddy, and he's your boyfriend now.
- Dr. Marvin Candle. Much has been made of the good Doctor's oddly limp arm, but check out dude's cock-eye. Huh?
- Jin's father-in-law. Again with the cock-eye. That can't be natural. What's up with that?
- The grease-truck dude Sawyer killed down under. Does anyone on this show have two working eyes?
- Also suspect are those Nigerian drug runners in the plane that fell on Boone. I couldn't find a screencap of them, but I can totally imagine one of their gaping skulls sporting an eye-patch. Their Priest get-ups might explain the bible too.
- Correct me if I'm wrong here. I'm not over-thinking this am I?